Jaren started PA school July 8th. They did not waste any time. He had 2 semester classes squashed into 2 weeks. Genetics and some sort of medical statistics class. He is ALWAYS studying and we see each other for about 1-2 hours at night. Now those classes are over and he starts Anatomy and Physiology class today. His Physiology class is 4 hours long! I told him to pack lots of snacks so he can stay focused.
We have loved, loved, LOVED our ward! I have never loved a ward before like I have loved this one. We have only been in the ward 6 weeks and it has become my favorite ward that Jaren and I have been in. And guess what... we just found out the ward boundaries are changing! Our ward will drastically change, it won't be even close to the same. Next week we find out the new ward we will be in. I was SO sad when I found this out, I even cried! I laugh about how I cried, thinking back, but I am seriously so sad! I know this is a good thing for Billings, though, because the church is growing. I just hope I love our new ward as much as the last one. The church is actually bigger than I thought here. We have 2 stakes in Billings.
We have made friends with a couple who moved here from Logan. He is in Jaren's PA class.They invited us to go to a baseball game with them on Saturday. Jaren and I just walked to the stadium because it is so close to our apartment. We haven't been to a baseball game together, so we were excited! We had a blast! And it was nice to be social, for once. We really like this couple and spent a lot of the night laughing! When we were leaving we saw 4 missionaries who had gone to the game, they were all from Utah! We talked to them for a while! It was such a fun night!
My grandma and her husband Leon surprised us with a trip up here to Billings! They are so sweet! We went to dinner with them and drove them around Billings, showing them where I work and where Jaren goes to school. It was so fun to spend time with them! I thought it was so special that they would take the time to come see us! How cute are they?!
My parents and sister also came up the week of the 4th! We had fun going to Red Lodge, spending a day Downtown, and going to a movie! I sure miss them and it was great having them up here!
This week a girl I work with asked me to trade some shifts with her. I am working Mon-Thursday which means I have Friday and Saturday off! Jaren and I might go to Yellowstone if he doesn't have too much studying this weekend, we will see! It's nice to have a weekend off! 2 of the shifts are 12 hours. They make for long days, but the people I work with are really nice.
We are enjoying living here and loving it more all the time!
No comments:
Post a Comment