Saturday, January 30, 2016

Girls Night With My Nieces!

I love being an aunt. When I married Jaren I instantly became an aunt to many children! My heart, of course, continues to ache for my own children... but I do love these nieces and nephews of mine that I inherited through marriage.

When Adam and Lara moved back from Colorado, I REALLY wanted to have a sleepover with their little girls! They're adorable, fun to talk to, and very smart! (Too bad my cute niece Jessika wasn't here from Georgia! It would have been so fun to have her come!)

Jaren wanted to spend the evening with us too. (He adores his nieces and nephews and will be such an amazing father someday!) While shopping a few days ago, I was looking for a craft to do with the girls. Jaren ended up picking out our "craft!"

Here's how Friday night went...

We picked up the girls at their house in Provo. They were so excited!! On the way to Clinton the girls came up with their own princess names. Lucy: Princess Giggles Jo: Princess Sweetheart Siya: Princess Pinky-pie



When we arrived in Clinton we made a stop at Cherry Berry and let the girls pick out their frozen yogurt and toppings!


Afterward, we went home and helped the girls with their "craft" which was painting ponies! I honestly would have never thought to do this! (Painting ponies was Jaren's idea, he saw this in the store and thought it would be a fun activity for the girls.) They LOVED it! I also painted their nails, they each chose a different color.





The finished ponies...

Next the girls changed into their pajamas and we watched Maleficent. I thought they would fall asleep for sure, but they stayed awake through the entire movie! We are freshly baked chocolate chip cookies during the movie.

After the movie the girls went to bed. I read them a bedtime story and they fell asleep fast!

I will also add that Gus loved having the girls over, especially Lucy! She gave him extra special attention and it was hard to separate the two of them. She played with him almost the whole night and he loved the attention from her!

Saturday...

When the girls woke up I turned on some cartoons (Sofia the First and My Little Pony) for them to watch on Netflix while I made breakfast. We had pink pancakes (Jo's request), eggs, and raspberry hot chocolate.

Jaren went to play church ball and the girls decorated an Elsa (from Frozen) story book while I cleaned up the kitchen.  They also played with Gus.

Jo with her decorated Elsa...

When Jaren came home we got ready for the day. The girls let me do their hair, I had fun curling it! Then we headed to the movie theater to watch Kung Fu Panda 3. Everyone loved the movie, I thought it was hilarious.

Lucy's cute curled hair...

At the movie theater...

After the movie we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. The girls loved it! When lunch was over we went home and packed up to take them back to their parents.


I really enjoyed talking to and spending time with these sweet girls! They are so smart and caring. I loved hearing their thoughts on different subjects. They made us laugh and we all had such a great time! I love children and their tender hearts. I'm glad I could "borrow" these sweeties for a little while!

The ride home (we were all exhausted)!...


No comments: