While overall I have truly enjoyed and continue to enjoy my pregnancy, this Summer has been WAY too hot for me! I hardly went outside, and when I did I nearly melted. Last Summer Jaren and I went hiking every week (sometimes multiple times a week) all over Utah. We went to Lagoon, Bear Lake, and drive-in movies several times. This year I was just too hot to do any of those things! (We did go to Bear Lake twice and with no air conditioning that's about as much as I could go.) The weekend before the 4th of July Jaren and I went to Tuachan with my family. Amazingly, there was a storm and a cold front that came through! The temperature did not get above 78 degrees that night. (Hooray!)
So while this Summer has not necessarily been the most fun, we did buy a house (which has kept us very busy). We were both surprised by our unexpected decision to look for a home to purchase, and we didn't expect to find one we loved so quickly! But in retrospect, it feels completely right and I'm so glad we did!
Our house is in Hooper. We really like our neighborhood! The house was built in 2005 and really didn't need any renovating, but we decided to make some changes to the kitchen.
Our home...
Before...
After (not the best lighting for a picture, though)...
I wanted white cabinets and I love the end result. The kitchen looks brighter and bigger. Jaren did most of the work with the cabinets (and island). He carefully painted them and installed the knobs and pulls. My mom and I did the subway tile backsplash. In the middle of doing the backsplash I kept thinking to myself, what have we done?! But now that it's over I love it and I'm happy with how it turned out.
Jaren also re-did our kitchen table and chairs. They used to be an orange/brown color, and look at them now! So beautiful! Jaren jokes, though, that next time we should just pay for a new one instead of doing it ourselves.
I had about 10 other projects I wanted to do, but I'm done with projects for a while! The kitchen was enough for me for now.
I'm glad September is here and the days are cooling down. I'm ready for Fall! And I cannot wait to meet our sweet baby boy! (I'm due October 20th... Next month!)
Gus has enjoyed going for "rides" this Summer. Whenever he hears the word "ride" he goes crazy with excitement. He loves to ride in the car and stick his head out the window. He's a funny dog.
I think he likes our new home.









No comments:
Post a Comment