Today was the most beautiful day of all! (And our last day.) The sun was out and shining all day and the temperature was in the mid-sixties. In the morning we hiked the Hoodoo trail for a couple of hours. (See picture below of the Hoodoos- not sure why they are called that!) The trail was near our hotel and was very pretty, with part of the trail going alongside the Bow River. After hiking, we headed downtown and had a picnic in the park. The sun was shining on us and it felt wonderful! (Except now I have a sunburn.) Downtown Banff was more crowded than usual- probably because of the weekend and nice weather.
After lunch we went bike riding for a couple of hours along the legacy trail. It was such a gorgeous day for a bike ride! And Jaren was able to spot some birds that he wanted to see.
We ate a slightly early dinner. Then we stopped at a sweet shop to get ourselves a little treat and then headed back to our hotel. Jaren has an exam this upcoming Monday so he needed to study. I didn't want to just sit around though so I decided to hike Tunnel Mountain again by myself (since it was my most favorite hike.)
I missed Jaren while hiking but in a way it was enjoyable to hike alone. There was a lot of quiet time to think and reflect. And the view did not disappoint! It was a spectacular view and a great way for me to end this vacation.
***Warning: This next part is SAPPY and sentimental...***
I will be sad to leave Canada tomorrow, but Jaren and I sure had a great time together! It was nice to get away for a little while from the stresses we face day to day. I loved being with Jaren all week! Being together was the best part of this whole trip. He made me laugh so hard my stomach hurt (many times) and we had some wonderful conversations. My love for him definitely expanded this trip! He's quite a guy! I'm so glad he brought me up here!
***Sappiness is over! (Mostly...)***
Banff and the surrounding areas sure are amazing! I love this beautiful world we live in. Jaren and I already want to come back again someday! I guess my first time out of the country (it counts!!) was a success!!








1 comment:
My niece is serving in Canada on her missions and she loves it, and from your pictures it looks like an absolute gorgeous place to visit. Thanks for sharing such great pictures.
Post a Comment