Thursday, December 4, 2008

Adventures in TV Shopping!!

We have had some fun times being married. We had an adventure in TV shopping! I have a little one that we used for a while but it only plays VHS. The only videos I had were Winnie-the-Pooh, so... Jaren and I watched them! They are quite hilarious, I must say. Jaren thinks Pooh is just like an old man with Dementia. I agree. Watch an episode and you'll see for yourself!

But... we now have new TV! Yay!! We are so excited!! We bought it with our gift cards from the wedding, so that was nice!! (Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to get it.) We were planning on getting the TV earlier, but we had some people tell us to wait until Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) to buy it because it would probably go on sale. We decided we'd give Black Friday a try! We were ready! We had plans to get up at 4 in the morning!! (Needless to say, we slept right through Black Friday. We were so exhausted.) But the next day came, and as we walked through to the technology section of Target, we noticed our TV was indeed on sale! Hooray!! We jumped in excitment! But... then a worker told us that there were no more of the TVs, and that he had just sold the last one a mere hour ago. Oh snap! Our hopes were dashed and slashed. We thought seriously about calling the other Targets until... one of the workers said that we could buy the display TV for 30% off the SALE price!! Gee whiz! What a deal! I was skeptical at first, because the TVs play all day every day, but Jaren talked me into it and I'm so glad he did! We got a fabulous deal on our new TV, and it works great!! Not only that, but while standing in line to purchase our TV, I glanced across the way and saw movies for 3 dollars! I yelled out in excitement, "Three dollar movies!!" And swiftly walked to the movie section. I grabbed Batman Begins, the Hulk, and hidden beneath some weird-o movies was none other than Transformers! (I've never seen it but I knew Jaren liked it... we tried to watch it and I was asleep within the first 5 minutes! But never fear, I will attempt to watch the movie again.) I showed them to Jaren and he was excited too! Now we have some movies to go along with our TV! (And we don't have to watch Winnie-the-Pooh all the time!)

Lessons learned... sometimes Black Friday isn't the best time to shop! It's the day after Black Friday that really matters... Happy Saturday!!

2 comments:

Megan Mills said...

YEAH!! This will be so much fun! We miss seeing you guys, but can't wait for the family festivities to commence. Love the blog!!

Noble Fam said...

I was one of the crazy ones up at 4:00. I was away from all the craziness though. I will have to tell you about it later. I got some good stuff and my shopping for the kids is pretty much done other than a few little things. I love it when things are on sale and then when you can get an even better price than you thought you were getting. Have fun watching your movies and if you want to borrow some of ours you are more than welcome.