Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas everyone!! Jaren and I have had such a fun week! On Monday we went to The Gateway... it was the farthest we have been since our wedding! We were excited. Every year my family has a tradition to go to Salt Lake and see the lights at Temple Square, and then go to The Gateway! It was also our one month anniversary. I can't believe we have been married for a whole month! Time flies!
On Christmas Eve, we went out to breakfast at Mimi's Cafe and then went and saw Austrailia. We decided to start a tradition, and every year the two of us will go to breakfast and see a movie in the morning! It was so fun!! We really haven't been able to go on any dates this past month or get out much, we've just been so busy with everthing! So it was nice to go places this week!
The afternoon of Christmas Eve was crazy! Every year I make a vow to myself to have all my Christmas shopping done early, and every year it never happens! Jaren and I still had shopping to do... the traffic was insane!! The stores were completely packed. We decided next year we won't let this happen. (We'll see how that goes...) But even though it was a crazy afternoon, we still had a lot of fun!
On Christmas Eve evening, we had dinner at my grandma's house and played the pass around game for our white elephant gifts! Then Jaren and I borrowed "The Grinch" to watch at our house. It was a great Christmas Eve!
On Christmas we woke up early! Since we haven't woken up early since school got out, I was so confused when I heard our alarm. I asked Jaren why it was going off so early. He told me it was Christmas and then I remembered! I was so excited! We immediately woke up and opened all our presents! Then it was off to my parents for breakfast. After stopping by, we were off to Jaren's parent's house! We had so much fun with the Mills family! We played a game called "Curses" that made everyone laugh! It was fun to spend time with Jaren's family and see everyone with all their kids. It ended far too quickly. Jaren had to be off to work by 2. He didn't want to go! We were sad. But oh well! I guess you have to do what you have to do. We're just grateful Jaren has a job during these hard economic times. We are truly blessed.
We had a great Christmas! Overall, being married and spending time with our family made this Christmas a wonderful one! It went by too quickly, but we loved every minute of it!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sorry we missed you today........ It sounds like you had a great holiday. I hope you are home and not driving in this crazy weather. We have your present here at mom and dad's. We will be here until Saturday, so I hope you can come over sometime so we can see you. Merry Christmas! 2 more hours and it will be over. Why does it have to go so fast.