Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christmas Festivities

This month has been busy, busy, BUSY! Here's what we've been up to...

On Thursday, December 3rd Jaren and I went to another Jazz game! Jaren got tickets again from work. They weren't front row this time, but we still had great seats! As a fun surprise we ended up sitting next to a lady who was my Young Women's leader back in the day!

On Friday, December 4th we had a work party with just the girls from our office. We ate delicious food from Olive Garden and talked. We had fun and I'm really glad I get to work with such awesome ladies!

Also on Friday, I got ALL our Christmas shopping DONE! Whew! It was crazy, but such a relief to have that behind me. I love giving gifts, but I do not like last-minute shopping.

On Saturday, December 5th, Jaren and I put up Christmas decorations! I think this was the earliest we have ever put our tree up... Yay! One of my favorite things about Christmas is getting Christmas cards in the mail! I LOVE them! This year, I decided to display them as decorations on the mantle.



This tree skirt and wreath were given to us for our wedding. I love to think back on our first Christmas as a married couple!

Jaren's parents gave us this German nativity set a few years ago and we LOVE it!


That night, we went to a friends house for an ugly Christmas sweater pie party! I love pie, and we had a great time!


On Sunday, December 6th Emily invites me to go to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional with her at the Conference Center. I'm so glad we went! I loved the music and talks, which reminded me of the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Afterward, we walked around temple square and looked at the beautiful lights!





This past week has been the craziest of all! Jaren has been working from 7am to 9:30 pm almost every night! December gets crazy busy for surgeries because everyone is trying to use their insurance benefits before the new year begins. I'm hoping things will slow down when January comes.

On Thursday, December 11th Jaren had a party (staff only, no spouses) at Texas Roadhouse.

On Friday, December 12th Jaren had a provider party we went to for Ogden Clinic at the Snowbasin lodge. He was introduced as a new advanced practice provider. I met the PAs and doctors Jaren works with and their wives. They were all super friendly. I'm happy and thankful Jaren works for such a great company. I also met several other people, including the CEO. Oh, and yes, I had a piece of food stuck in my hair when I met him. (Embarrassing! Oh well.)

Saturday, December 13th we attended the annual Swapp Ugly Christmas Sweater party. Jaren has been friends with Shawn Swapp since he was 9. We look forward to this fun party every year. We brought white elephant gifts and played Bunko.


Sunday (tonight), December 14th we had our gingerbread house decorating party with Jaren's family. Family parties are the best of all. I love spending time with Jaren's and my family. Gingerbread decorating was a blast! I love this tradition and look forward to it every year. We missed Jaren's parents but still had a great time! 


My nephews LOVED our dancing Snoopy and the singing mouse when they came over!

Blake posing with Gus. How sweet!

Gus was all tuckered out when everyone left. He had so much fun playing with the kids!

Tomorrow we have another Christmas party to go to. This will be with the doctors, PAs, and medical assistants from the orthopedic department at Ogden Clinic and their spouses. I'm excited to meet the other people Jaren works with!

As much as I love Christmas parties, I'll be ready to relax when this marathon of parties is over! I love this time of year, but it can feel so busy and "too much" at times. It's good to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. I am so thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: