We ate breakfast at the Pirate place again (seriously the best food we've had this entire trip). One of the Italian twins who owns the restaurant calls us "Utah." When we first met him and he found out we were from Utah he had offered us coffee and then said, "Oh I have friends from Utah. We have other drinks here too!"
This morning he saw us and jokingly said (in his Italian accent), "Hey! Utah! You sleep in today! That's because you don't drink coffee!" He then showed us what pastries and breakfast items he had left. He's super nice to us. We ask his opinion on what to get, and everything always tastes great! Last night, Jaren asked him if a certain dish was good. He replied, "It's good, but nothing beats my lasagna." So Jaren had lasagna and he said it was the best he's ever tasted.
After breakfast we bought boat passes. We took the boat to Riamaggiore and spent a couple hours exploring the town. Afterward we went to Monterosso al Mare and spent some time there. We loved exploring the towns!
We had so much fun riding the boat and we saw each of the 5 towns from a different view!
Riding the boat (we had awesome seats)...
Riomaggiore...
Manarola...
Corniglia...
Vernazza...
Monterosso al Mare (newer part of town on the left, old town on the right)...
Monterosso's old town...
2 love birds...
The whole day was VERY sunny and warm! (Just how I like it!)
Riomaggiore's church (every town has one and they date back to the 1300's)...
Riomaggiore's "castello" (castle)... More like a "lookout" used long ago to watch out for pirates. Every town has a castello, too.
Monterosso's church...
When we arrived back in Vernazza, we stopped by our room for a bit (I changed my shirt because it can get chilly at night) and then we went to Vernazza's castello. We loved it! We climbed to the top and there were some great views!
Vernazza's castello...
At the top of the castello...
The views...
Love!...
After visiting the castello we decided to go down and sit on the coastal rocks to watch the sunset. The sunset was beautiful! (And dare I say... Romantic?!)
We love the Cinque Terre! If only we had more time here! This is such a lovely place. If we had another day here we would have loved to go swimming or hike some more. But we are glad we spent 2 full, beautiful days here!
After sunset, we decided to have dinner and try someplace new. I had pesto soup (delicious) and Jaren had an anchovies dish! Anchovies are a specialty here. They're prepared differently here then they are in America. Jaren is so brave to try them! He said he really liked his dinner.
My soup...
Dessert was just delicious!
Chocolate mousse for me...
Tiramisu for Jaren...
After dessert Jaren said to me, "Want to go get some gelato?" I replied, "But we just had dessert!" And he said, "So?!"
So, against my better judgement (this is a healthy-habit no-no) we had a second dessert. And out of all the gelatos I have tried on this trip, my gelato tonight was the best. It tasted homemade! I might be a roley-poley when I get home... But, hey, I enjoyed my gelato!
Vernazza is fun to walk around at night too...
Today was kind of perfect. :) We love Vernazza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










































No comments:
Post a Comment