Thursday, September 3, 2015

Heidelberg and the Black Forest

Today Jaren's parents had a mission meeting to attend in the morning, so we tagged along with them. It was fun to see where they go to work and what they do! Afterward, we set out for Heidelberg.

I LOVED Heidelberg. It reminded me in some ways of the town from Beauty and the Beast. The houses there are old and beautifully built. It's a University town so there are many students riding around on their bikes. Cobblestone streets are everywhere and everything is so close together! There are so many little shops to look at. At the top of the city sits the Heidelberg castle! As we walked up stairs to the castle there were houses upon houses all up the green hills. Once we were almost to the castle, we decided to take a break for lunch. We ate at a local restaurant with the most delicious, fresh food! Afterward, Heidelberg castle was so fun to see. I couldn't believe it- the castle was just like the ones I've seen in movies! It's fun to imagine what life was like there many years ago.

When we were done exploring the castle we drove through the Black Forest. It is gorgeous! And tonight we are staying at a quaint, lovely hotel!

Germany is wonderful and I can see why Jaren's parents love it here!

Heidelberg...



Heidelberg Castle (Schloss Heidelberg)...




The restaurant we are at...


The Black Forest...


No comments: