Monday, September 21, 2015

Lake Como

Today we left the Cinque Terre and drove a little over 3 hours to Lake Como. Lake Como is a beautiful place too! I'm glad we planned to spend some time here.


Our bed-and-breakfast hotel is right on the lake and close to Bellagio (we will be visiting there tomorrow). We have a great view!


After we arrived we took a 2-person kayak out on the lake. I wanted to bring my phone to take pictures but I decided to leave it behind. I didn't want my phone to get wet (if we were to tip over or something.) It was Jaren's and my first time on a kayak. We loved it!

For dinner we ate at a restaurant nearby. It was very classy, but had great prices! The food was amazing. Jaren (his dinner was the best, I just got a pizza) had a ravioli pasta dish that had pears and cheese inside the noodles, covered by another cheese sauce. He let me have a taste and it was incredible. We just don't have food like that at home! We also had dessert. Jaren had tiramisu and I had a chocolate pear cake. The cake was light and not too sweet, just right!

The temperatures are cooler here so Jaren got to wear his new jacket to dinner! He looks so good in it! (Our bedspread is kinda strange!)

I'm loving every minute in Europe!

We are excited to take a boat over to Bellagio tomorrow. We love it here. We love it everywhere we go!

Funny story... We stopped at McDonald's on the way to Lake Como. Jaren went to the bathroom and then after we ate I decided that I should probably go to the bathroom too. Jaren said, "Watch out. There's a creepy Ronald McDonald down there staring at the girls bathroom." I thought he was exaggerating but when I went down the stairs to the bathroom, there it was! We laughed for a long time about this.

The face that greets you as you leave the restroom...

No comments: